COMPANY AND PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Our client produces world-class software and delivers high-quality professional services for the building industry in the US. A company’s Software Development Teams work on a variety of customer projects, focusing on designing and enhancing custom solutions.
The company’s main web application is hosted in Azure cloud ecosystems. The web front-end of this system is constructed with React, and HTML/CSS, while the back-end is built in Java and utilizes Hibernate and Postgres databases. The Java staff is hosted through Docker containers which are built on the Kubernetes cluster. This product is the hub for numerous related services and integrations. They have lots of microservices architecture. A team constantly growing, learning, and experimenting with other technologies including 3D modeling.
This role is a good mixture of DevOps and Platform Engineering project work.
- Encourage and build automated processes wherever possible;
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as a code (Terraform);
- Define and evolve DevOps best practices within the Team;
- Plan & implement data model structures for scalability;
- Collaborate on designs, with a focus on business requirements, computing & data storage;
- Integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic;
- Research and explore new technology that can be used within the project.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer with a strong focus on Azure Cloud Services;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform;
- Strong knowledge of Docker;
- Experience working on a Linux-based infrastructure;
- Proficiency with Git and Git workflows.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience using Java, C#/Typescript;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent);
- Experience with 3D graphics and strong geometry skills.
Upper-Intermediate/Advanced. You should be able to communicate and deliver your ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment;
- Proficiency in both teamwork and independent work;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems;
- Critical thinking, including creative development skills.
WORK SCHEDULE AND TIMEZONE
Flexible 8hr/day Mon – Fri. 2-3 overlapping hours to CST are required.